Friday, September 16, 2011

Journey to OZ


.. I have another affair to distract me from my issues at the office. Today, I officially begin my journey to OZ....I have been told my OZ visa is ready for pick up...to Griffin Sierra I go tomorrow  to get my visa and hopefully my plane tickets !!!!

This is it!!! Soon I will be taking shots of the Sikat II and its crew and slugging it out with Kangaroos , koalas , aborigines and  all the splendid things thins they say about the outback...of course with all the splendid things come the dreadful things ha ha ha.. I have been told that Oz has broken the 10 year draught and rain has come to the Land Under....so expect insects, animals and even snales to be aplenty....

I have also started preparing  the things I would be bringing and would be needing....including looking for a Bush hat or I am thinking maybe I can make one but first I have to see one....

On Sept. 18-20, I will hopefully meet the whole SIKAT II La Salle Team competing in the 23rd Solar Car Challenge in Australia!!! We will have our survival training!! Whoa..........Survival training!!! Sound exciting and scareee.........!!!! But I will be meeting the whole team, this is a "young" team maybe a little older tham my first born-Nikita!!! well, we will see.......

I will also be meeting one of the professors of the Engineering students who made the Sikat II and it is really a small world. He happens to be the son of my first boss in the GSIS, Mgr. Tony Catalan and the brother of a Ka kosa sa Rally- Louise Catalan....Though I have seen him in La Salle during the Launch of Sikat II, I even told Louise there this professor in La Salle who looks like your Dad, kaano-ano mo yun? To which Louise said-Ate Ni bro ko yon, we have not really been introduced...

i also hope to meet, the only other female member of the team!!! Who will be my partner when it comes to "wee-wee" time in the outback!!! and other girlie necesseties !!! oooops....too much info/ well that is the reality or rather that would be the reality when we are actually journeying  the 3000km race from Darwin to Adelaide.......SIKAT II sulong!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment