Friday, September 30, 2011

The Blessing of Enjoying the Company of Yourself

I was driving down the winding road of Daang Hari very early today  after dropping off Kiko to San Beda....and suddenly I am alone in the car. I was very alert, very aware of myself, my thoughts and my surroundings....

The flowers and trees are brighter, shinier and so they seem.....there seem to be a blessing in being alone once in a while, having your own cocoon....you suddenly become very present, yourself becomes the focus of your own thoughts.  I can sing as loud and as out of tune as I can ....It is a very nice feeling to enjoy quiet moments with yourself, seemingly alone in your cocoon and yet so much aware of your surroundings, of the cars breezing past you or the cars stopping at the sides.....of bikers with their colorful attires and leisurely peddling their bikes..you get to enjoy the company of yourself..... you distinctly hear your voice , distinctly hear your thoughts and you enjoy being alone with them....allow your thoughts to wonder ..

It is during these moments that you get to make amends with yourself,  discuss the things that have happened and reconcile the real you with the you  one has to present to the world.....It is in these times that you get to scold yourself for  letting your dark side get the better of you and at the same time forgive yourself  for the blunders of the past....decide to be happy today and look forward to tomorrow..

I enjoyed that ride with myself...the weather was perfect, cloudy with the strong breeze laughing out loud in my ears.... you see I like cloudy  weather, not so much sunshine , not so much rain and lots of wind in my face....



My soul is refreshed ...ready to face the weekend !!! Then BOOM! back to reality...gotta fetch my laundry!!! Ciao!!

No comments:

Post a Comment