Saturday, September 17, 2011

In Memoriam


Today I mourn the loss of my foster daughter from Indonesia...She is Kharunissa or Hani as we lovingly call her.

She was a PY (Participating youth) of SSEAYP representing Indonesia. She was part of the Batch 2000 SSEAYP. Together with Oh a Thai PY , we went trekking in Tagaytay, we trekked the volcano itself, Taal Volcano! We had fun and she was game to think that it was the time of Ramadan if I am not mistaken, she hardly ate so she and Oh had to ride a horse up Taal..

We continued communicating even after SSEAYP....she was so happy to see our pictures with Oh when we went to Bkk a year or so after 2000.  She was from Bandah Aceh  and was lucky to have been rescued when the Tsunami struck , she informed me that they migrated to Australia .

A year or so ago , we continued our friendship at FB though we seldom communicate , when we do , it is as if we were just alking with each other just yesterday...

A month ago I won the WWF challenge and got a free ticket to Australia and I was planning on emailing her to make plans to see each other in Australia somehow. But I did not know she was pregnant again and was soon expecting another baby.

I am shocked , I am so sad....but sadder that her baby will not see her mommy anymore....my heart goes out to her husband and kids ...i can still remember how pretty she is, such a gentle soul....we will always remember you.....


To our Hani...Allah is waiting for you.....Godspeed...... 

No comments:

Post a Comment