Tuesday, September 20, 2011

2nd Day -Survival Training

assisting victim to walk!!




Drag the victim race?

foot!


Dragging by the shirt...

Bandages o bondage? Carl's dialog!!
It's the second day and before proceeding to La Salle , I wen tto the Office first just to inform my bosses first and check my email, as it turned out, nothing so important that I can not leave for the next working day!!

In La Salle I was expecting I will be late since  I left GSIS  at 920 am, surprisingly, they have not started and there are just a few young people inside the room. O lucky ...i still have not missed anything... Martin came in and said maybe we can start now..Btw, I learned the names of the other very young people. The very polite one is Amron, there is Andrew  the small but terrible kiddo, then there is Charleston, the bespectacled kid and Nariv. Then good news, Mr Isidro the very accommodating guy , turns out to be Sid or Isidro and that is his first name..Marfori is his surname..hmmm I can still remember names and faces...ha ha ha ! Well, then there is the lanky kid named Charles.....who was so ticklish he can not stay still . A soon as somebody touches him to lift him, he was supposedly the victim, he launches into giggles and  wriggling!!

Today we reviewed the Basic Life support, then we were taught bandaging.....wait till you see the pictures some of the kind of bandages  are almost  styled blouses!!! And these members of the team were saying they can survive wit the "cravatt" ,one less shirt to take to  Australia. The cravatt is the bandaging cloth....wait till I upload the pictures!Amazing.!! They have bandages for impaled eye and the bandage is really really cute. One of the guys managed to make a sort of "shades"  out of the cravatt!

Came the trauma/injury assessment, it became so scientific , we had an anatomy class...Felt like we were in an anatomy lecture. But the fun and so hirap part came when they taught the "lifting" of injured persons. There is the fireman's lift, lovers lift , an unknown lift (we will probably know tomorrow) , piggy ride and  so many lifts I can not remember and we literally lifted each other! I got to lift Carol only once ,  a modified piggy back ride and that's it for me! ha ha ha!1Talk about age!! But the young ones and Martin , they continued even turning the whole thing into a competition, who can lift first and who can race better! then there is the "helping" the victim into a sitting position and and helping the victim walk, I got the kids in trouble when I was playing the part of the victim , we lost the race and the guys have to do 20 push ups and they forced  ((was it) Andrew to do the push ups for me!! Even Professor Martin was not spared, he did a set of push ups!  Professor Jack on the other hand had an excuse and did not join us....!!! Mon was also able to wriggle out of the lifting and dragging , he went home early!!! But Carol was game, did some more lifting and being lifted. Of course I begged off after a while..I have a mild scoliosis which I do not want to get worse!! Excuses excuses!!  Now the dragging part of the rescue is another thing, my oh my but by this time the high has come to a low....I am amazed , it turns out these young  people can also get tired.....but the spirit , oh no , the energy may have plummeted but they persevered.....the spirit is really really strong and Sid  lead the team. Martin on the other hand really got tired he begged off saying I have a 6 o'clock class and that is the end of it!!

Btw , whe the dragging time came , these kids even added dialogs when they were dragging their victim, Lariv the victim said when he was being rescued from a fiery death, "iwanan mo na ako" and Charles said, "hindi sabay tayong mamamatay" , with all the perspiration , grime and dust coming from the floor!

This is what I realized these kids, well they are not kids anymore but I think I see them as children, have the spirit, they have the competetive spirit, the spirit of having fun and the heart to persevere...The activities are really not easy ans Rich and faye added penalties but these kids they persevered while having fun..I think this is the spirit that will win them the Race......!!!!!

Between us, Rich acted a little like the military cadre I use to take orders from when I was taking up CAT ha ha ha!!! Wait for the pictures. it was really a riot!!!
Coming up!!!! Training pictures!!!

Our dummy!!!


Compression! Compression! Intiendes? Compreder!

The Ticklish guy!!


Helmets? Mummies unwrapped?

Who this? Charles?

With this , one less shirt to take to OZ!

Bandages !Bandages!





Lover's Lift




Piggy ride !!! Go rich go !!!




Lifting!!!


Dancing? No walking in cadence  while lifting!!
Cravatt!!
Capt Jack Sparrow with a one eyed shades?

No comments:

Post a Comment