Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Daang Matuwid Daw

Today I am really really sad!!

This morning I learned that I have been "bumped" from "my" slot at the Museum after I gave up my slot at the GSIS Legal Office ..  I know I have previously said yes to the GLO but when the position at the museum came I asked to be "let go" from  the GLOl  since my qualifications and perosnal inclination and interests are more suited to the position at the Museum. I have been told that if one is slotted to 2 positions, one will be asked where one wanted to be . I gave up my slot at the GLO because it was the decent thing to do. Allow GLO to get another person who is more suited and afford another personnel to be slotted to the positiona  at the GLO.

And then BOOm! this morning a concerned personnel texted me and told me " someone na taga itaas" (usually means someone from the OPGM or BOT) is being given the position where I am supposedly slotted . I am still trying to find out who this person is and how he/she came to be slotted to the position I was slotted , slotted by the Manager himself and signed by the VP! If my suspicions are correct , this person is from the BOT and this is what they call "daang matuwid"

The status of somebody from the BOT or OPGM is co-terminous-permanent  as opposed to the status of my appointment  career-permanent.  Makatarungan ba na palitan ang isang tao , who has been slotted to a  career position by a co-terminous personnel who walks the corridors of powers? would you believe for a second that the co-terminous person who will now get the position at the museum got it without the influence of a powerful person? This co-terminous person is  not even the one originally slotted to the position at the museum..so what gives? And the worse thing is that nobody can tell me , though, I am waiting for answers from some authorities.

My fear is that this reorganization might be another excuse to place certain co-terminous personnel to permanent positions. Sigh...sigh....wala nga promotion di ba, now may kaagaw ka pa sa positions..mga co-terminous personnel?

It  just makes me sad and angry that the administration that says they will do the right thing , will  walk the "daang matuwid"  is doing the very opposite thing . Who can say that if they can do this to one personnel , they will not do this to others?

I am planning to write a personal letter to the PGM, maybe he does know what is happening "down here at the level of the Rank and File". But first maybe somebody can tell me who this co-terminous personnel is or if it is really somebody  na "taga taas". "Taga taas"  for those uninitiated ha ha ha usually means from the office of the PGM or BOT ...redundant redundant!!..

Tomorrow is another day .........will see what happens...

1 comment: