Thursday, September 15, 2011

Daang Matuwid Daw Part 2

..the morning after I wrote my Daang Matuwid part 1 , i learned who was given my slot at the Museum...I think people has this mistaken notion that if you are an Artist, you will be okey in the Museum. However, an Artist is a performer and entertainer, the position in the Museum is 80% administrative  , PR and of course creativity, it is not a "performer"  position .Though of course being an Artist will be an edge if you are willing to do the 80% administrative duties but if you are not, the position is not for you...I have all the respect to the person they placed there, a world class artist and I respect him more now  since he declined the position!!!! He knows it is not for him  .

So now here I am...I went to KMG and Abdon in fairness to him, went out his way to endorse and accompany me to the Office of the Chairman of the CMC. I wrote my letter, my application letter citing the circumstances and stating that the position I was originally slotted to and which was given to another person who declined it, is now technically vacant .....I really wanted to cry, i have nothing againts this policy of applying but to re-apply to a position where I have been originally slotted made me wanna cry  not so much because I have to write a letter and talk to so many people but by the way things turned out..Imagine being bumped off  from a position you have been slotted  by someone who did not even apply and now even has the right of first refusal? No offense meant  this is not about  the person but about the process these things have been done.....

And now I wait for my fate.........

1 comment:

  1. That's how it is, I have worked there for 40 years Nini under several administration. Same old nothing has changed.

    ReplyDelete