Friday, September 21, 2012

From Chauffeur to Referee



The good  Husband,  the  misunderstood  Son

Life has given me so  much ..it has given me a good ,very good husband……a matter-of-factly son!!! And  life is a roller coaster  ride!!

Every time we talk I feel I will be a referee any second now!! The husband feels deeply, plays and loves passionately, the son ,  sees objectively and says things coldly…

Intense feelings  compared  to objectivity….so near  and yet  just as opposite…I am caught between   …trapped with my roles as wife and mommy!

Cannot  openly side with anybody and yet cannot remain neutral  long enough to diffuse the tension……..two mountains both  trying to head butt each other…I am caught in a crossfire … 

He is a conservative , old schooled dad…. He , a cool dude in a hurry to grow up yet still my baby J I am the mommy after all. 

He spoils the boy  expecting that his control over  the “kid” is airtight…  he takes advantage of the Dad and gets what he wants and expresses no  gratitude but the occasional kisses and hugs when he gets  what he want!

The n he gets angry , the other guy ?  he gets confused why his dad is angry! And I am caught in between , I can not breath  ……..i scream ..i cry…I curse…I die..or shall I say , I almost  always die every time!!!

Well , life gets interesting everyday,  tonight I am the telephone operator at the end of two lines.. o more aptly a translator lost in translation!! Caught again in between their own  issues…….their issues makes all my issues come to surface and life goes on….. an emotional tumble….but life goes on and I survive to referee for another day! Such  are the roles I juggle every day…but wait, , that’s not all…wait till you hear about my daughter!

Well, maybe next time……meanwhile I will have fun with the husband!!!

1 comment: