Saturday, November 19, 2011

Shopping and Eating!!!


Christmas is just around the corner...we might not realize it  but it will surprise us and we will just find ourselves celebrating Christmas...

So what are the things we or rather I love to do while waiting for Christmas....I am not a very religious person, I have no panata to start and finish the Simbang Gabi  but I do pray and converse with our Creator...and so besides the spiritual things we do , I love shopping and eating out. T'is the season  when I eat a lot and hopefully not get fat since I go to all bazaars I can think off without necessarily buying so much...

I love checking out  "sale" , bazaars and what have you that will offer some bargain and so i get to eat a lot because I get tired, as they say i am in my element when I shop but I do get tired and when I am tired , I eat ha ha ha!!!

But if I may share with you my experience and some knowledge on shopping and eating !  There are so many bazaars and sale this season , if you do not have the time to go to them all, well here are some tips :

I have been to the following bazaars this weekend :

Bazaar organized by Tin-Tin Bersola at half of  the World Trade

-  they have fewer booths than the usual bazaar I have been to, but they also have "segunda mano" items from    the stars themselves! I saw a very nice gown worn by Pokwang, a little bit over the top for my taste but if you like or need those bonggang gowns, maybe you can check out the bazaar. They also have small furnitures and furnishings  at that Bazaar, last day I think is today Sunday :) ( though i am not sure). Entrance Fee is P50!

Noel Bazaar at the half of World Trade , CCP Complex, Pasay City

-  this Bazaar can boost of much more booths  with so much clothes and "abubot" for gift giving ths Christmas. They have the next best "sale" of  Ipanema, rider  and Grendha products , they have export overruns by the bales !  Baby clothes are cheap and yet so "expensive looking".. P75 each for either blouse /shirts or pants and sorts!! Check out that booth on the right side of the bazaar near the food booths! the Rubbermaid water balles and food keepers are also on sale......plus those Zebra stainless cooking pots and pants are dirt cheap...P499 only and of very good quality! Of course there are lots more! Try to haggle Kiko experienced haggling at Noel Bazaar this afternoon and he said it is awesome! Entrance fee is P50 !

Eastwood Mall. Eastwood Libis

I was at this Mall in Libis yesterday and lo and behold!!! Corelle         dinnerwares, ekco products, visions , corning ware are on sale at Raffles Kitchen World!!!Hurry, it's  only up to today!! Correlle dinner wares are at 50% off , corningware products are up to 70% , hundreds of  pyrex products If you are looking for just pieces and just intending to complete your set, go to Kitchen World, they have hundreds of pieces (not set) which you can buy at dirt cheap prices. The lid of the vision at home (lid I lost and was broken to pieces)  is at 200 pesos and you can use it as a frying pan!!!  No entrance , just maybe your parking fee!!!

When eating in this area , you may want to check out Causeway for Chinese Food, we got disappointed with My Thai resto at Eastwood , the service sucks!! Then on weekends , Eastwood has this Gourmet market, check out the mouthwatering cakes and pastries and healthy breads , ha ha ha!!!

On the other side , you might also want to check out SM Department Store's Kitchen wares section, they are also selling Colle dinnerwares at 4, 7000 a set..check it out.... but there are P2,700 corelle sets at  Eastwood!

Bazaar at Tiendesitas

The all year "bazaar" at Tiendesitas is a winner but for the Christmas Season , last night Sat, No. 18, I was lucky to have stumbled to another bazaar or sale of Folded and Hung, the dresses , cocktail dresses are gorgeous at 600 pesos , most of them in black, if you buy another dress of the same price you get that dress at half the price.....!  Check them out, the in shorts are also priced similarly , there are thousands of shirts and denim pants . Jelly bean is also on sale , preppy dresses and stuff, wade shoes are also on sale, 600 ,900 per pair  of casual men's shoes, there are sandals priced at 299, real bargain but of course, broken sizes, if you're lucky they might just have your size!! Then crates and crates of children's clothes , oshkosh, candies , girls dresses are at P150 , real bargain if I may say so! Check this bazaar if you have lots of nephews and nieces, god children or maybe you have your own little bundle of joy!!  Sale is until the end of the month!

Then when your shopping has tired you out , meaning you got your exercise ha ha ha, maybe you can swing by  to Bagoong Club, a few meters away, at Valle Verde, the food are really delicious, reasonable and creative. They have all sorts of bagoong , done differently. Kare-kare is glorious , the crispy special binagoongan  is really wonderful...and the Pastillas de Leche  cake is just sooooo yummy! Did not get to taste the  Tskolate e-bohol!!

 And of course , may I also share bazaars/markets/flea markets that are all year round!

The Organic Markets of Leviste and Salcedo, Makati

My all time favorites. Here you will get fresh organic fruits and vegetables. The Leviste Market every Saturdays seems to have more booths/stalls and more fruits than the Sunday Salcedo Market. But at Salcedo the cooked food are of cuisine quality he  he he .. I am not a gourmand but I love good food but my husband loves them better!! Then all the organic oils, massage oil (Mulberry healing oil) , citronella (mosquito, deodorizer and just about anything!!! Dishwashing detergent, organic detergent powder, pink salt, wheat grass, I drink wheat grass , fresh , newly grind/squeezed(?) wheat grass at P70 a shot!

Try it one of these weekends, either on a Saturday (Leviste) or Sunday (Salcedo), the vibe is different, the passion is high!!!

Then the Mercato at Boni High Street! Well,  my daughter had an observation, it is over rated and I am inclined to agree plus I find the items are a little bit priced higher , maybe because of the location...location, location!!! But you just have to try it, who knows you might like it!!

Btw, they have opened another Mercato type at the South, meaning , Alabang ! It is located at Molito, Albang near or in front of Gold's Gym!! The organizers are the same people behind Mercato at Boni High!! They had a Banchetto last Saturday night!!! Tops was too tired to go, though I was still raring ut he has become irritable at 11:30pm  so I just held my horses...control yourself!!

 Gosh! This is really coming along.....maybe I need a part 2..yes...This is really taking longer than I had wanted but shopping and eating are two  activities I am  more passionate about...and I bet a lot of women share these passion(s) with me......


No comments:

Post a Comment