Saturday, November 26, 2011

An Engagement Ring...


Hmmm...yes, an engagement ring....I got a very special ring, a diamond ring , a bit big and how I love it..it is my engagement ring!! Funny and weird , you may say, why am I talking about  my engagement ring, I have been long married and yet it is not yet time for a renewal of vows and thus, can an engagement ring be due?

ha ha ha! not actually...but you see I never had an engagement ring, I don't even know if I have been engaged..no it did not happen to me...Tops and I decided to get married after a one and a half years of going our separate ways!!! We got  married with not  so much of a  fuss..went to a judge and got married with only our  2 witnesses, no fun fare, no nothing, not even a lunch  !!!Thus, I never really got engaged much less got an engagement ring....and I never knew the difference...

Now after so many years of being married...came this beautiful 1k diamond ring..I can't take my eyes off it!! And I can' take it off my finger ..ha ha ha but I did take it off...told the jeweller, if by a certain date , that ring has not been bought , it's probably mine...well she came back to me week after week with the ring still in it's box...

Just like the dress, I long knew  the ring was mine but   I needed a sign...albeit, a reason ..so I told my husband, since you did not give me an engagement ring, would you like to  buy this for me? ha ha ha what a way to ask..well, the gentleman that he is (of course, he can't say no) , he bought the ring  and so after almost 20 years, i have an engagement ring.......hmmm and you know what , I  know  it is worth the wait !!

Come May 25, we would be married for 20 long years! Aaahh , the perks of being married that long!!!! I wonder what I would get after  10 more years..looking forward...hmm?

2 comments: