Sunday, January 22, 2012

Moments


January 22, 2012

It’s Sunday  “ME” time…enjoying my being alone at the house with only Snowie, the dog  at my side..

Got to take a look at my activities  yesterday…my first Saturday duty at the Museum…and I loved every minute of it. I am at my feet for the most part of the day…I get to talk to people, share my very tiny bit knowledge on the history of the Philippines , at least those associated with the Parisian Life..Parisina Life is the paining of Juan Luna…. And I am getting to be more active…I go around the museum with the visitors, share a little about the work of arts  and walk back and forth, up and down the museum galleries!!! Perfect!!

Now, more than ever I am appreciating my being with the Museum …it is a decision I am not regretting…tomorrow or October 2012 will take care of itself…in the meantime I am enjoying myself with my Museum work…the things I am learning and trying to learn and unlearn….

I guess, this is the benefit of a choice you yourself made, a decision to choose what will make me happy…by going with my instincts , using my knowledge of who I am, I am happy , happier I think with my work life….

Of course this is not to say I am now an expert about  my job, I am still learning, struggling but I am happy and my happiness doing my job more than makes up for the struggle I am undergoing…..I am learning to read again!!!

I am in touch with my creative , writing me….I am nervous but full of anticipation for my new job….I am again in touch with people, talking to them , feeling so fulfilled when people appreciate our culture, the arts and what little knowledge I can share….  

It still surprises me that people are so very appreciative, I am only doing my job, or so I thought ,but people like Tito and his mom, our visitors at the GSIS Museum , really made my day….so appreciative , so hungry to know more about our culture, our history and telling to your face, you are doing the country good..how nice is that?

This job, this too is service. Service to our members and to our people…. and no matter what happens come October 2012, I am happy and enjoying the moments!!

Love the life you live!!

No comments:

Post a Comment