Saturday, September 15, 2012

Of Husbands......of marriage...of children



Life gives us surprises , pleasant and unpleasant! Finding someone to share one's life is one of the surprises rather wishes everybody prays for.... And finding that one is not easy , more so finding someone who treats you well, loves you , takes care of you and generally wants to make you happy!

Husbands are a blessing! They should be ! But what if you find that someone and finds out that he is not a blessing? He might be that someone  and yet he is not good to you, not good for you? And how do you know?  How does one know if he will be good to you , if he will love you , maybe not forever , but as long as he is with you?

I have been married for 20 years, happily married and everyday I thank the LORD for this blessing, for the blessing of a husband who has treated me well, maybe more than I deserve to be treated ! I am one of those "spoiled" wives, whose husband  is so patient , so thoughtful and kind.

I am one of those women who is really hard to live with! I have mood swings, I am proud and just hard to be with! I have my faults but he has put up with me for 20 years! But of course I also have my endearing moments !

The journey of our lives together has been wonderful! Full of moments that we will cherished for a longggggggg longggggg time.  Of course not all are happy , there are so much difficulties but knowing you have a partner who has committed to walk that difficult path with you helps. Lucky me, I have found him.....

Our marriage have been an exhilarating ride , with its ups and downs and plateaus ! But life has been kind and generous to us! Our kids err teens are growing up fast and we are probably on our way to that empty nest level and looking forward to having each other for ourselves again! Having teens are both a blessing and a boon but our kids have been a blessing also and though no matter how much we want our kids to stay as kids, time flies soon enough and we have accepted the fact that they are not here to stay . They will find their own world, their own families .....and we shall be looking forward to having our weekends with them and our weekdays on our own. But for now that has not come yet and we relish our moments together!

Marriage is not a walk in the park , it requires hard work, love, patience and commitment ! We have found that commitment has carried our marriage so many times. I can not recall how many times I have given up but his steadfast commitment to this marriage has seen us through.  Of course commitment comes from a deep love, shared faith on the Almighty ! We may not be church going people but our faith is steady ! In times of deep joy and deep sorrow, the LORD occupies the central place in this partnership!!

Being married has given us so much joy, so much to be thankful for.....and we are creating memories to last our lifetime..... My prayer is that the memories, the love we share today continue on as we grow old  and may we grow old together!!!! In the meantime, I thank the universe for the blessing of a wonderful husband, a wonderful life , an awesome daughter and son ( and mind you raising children to kids to teens is no small feat) and for the life to come and to share some more!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment