Thursday, February 16, 2012

Hallowed to Hollowed

...another inevitable?

I am again at a crossroads? I again about to cross another bridge.....the Museo  might soon be closing and from the looks of it...it is inevitable ...again!

I will be going another path?  I am sad, I am afraid but mostly sad..I feel that I have finally found a home, somewhere my heart and soul can sing...somewhere where work is fun , fulfilling and I am in my element...somewhere where I had hoped I will stay for a loooooooong loooooong time ....and yet seemingly i am  just transitioning ......and what a transition!

Melancholy .....a deep deep sadness ...I am leaving a place where I have been for such a short time , but the deep deep sadness  I have belies this...In such a short time, I have found my home, a place where I am comfortable, a place where I work and yet it is also the place I celebrate my being, my soul , my culture, the real me, the me I want...the museum has become my refuge...i am surrounded by my culture, surrounded by the arts , embraced by my heritage ....

i take long walks around the garden of artists, when flowers bloom all year long, the stream an endless song of nature and the light so warm.........the place feeds not only the physical, it feeds the soul ....

This is an intersection of lives, we meet friends , potential friends and just people who are hungry for the cultured life...for a life where our  souls can sing ......... the halls and corridors whisper peace ......they bring a certain peace, a certain enlightenment... the walls have their own stories and the at works bring you to another place, another time and yet you are transfixed !!! this is art, this is culture , this is life ....... real life with real people passing through  ......after all art is not for the rich alone, our lives are our art and my life has become a pat of the art , museum art....

It is where I am as comfortable as I am when I am at home...it is my second home almost my home...but for a short while.....the hallowed walls might soon become hollowed...when the paintings, tapestries , sculptures shall have been removed, nay stripped from the walls , from the nooks , from the corners ...... and i am again removed devoid of the roots that have gown deep......in such a short time, i have taken roots here in the museum and now these roots are to be torn again.........i wonder where I shall have roots again...........life is a journey...it would have been nicer if I can stay a little longer embraced by my heritage....

No comments:

Post a Comment