Saturday, December 10, 2011

Changes



My mind and  body has been surprising me lately...I feel  young and unknowingly tried  physical activities that I had done when I was younger and lo and behold, my body seems to be telling me, slow down, we can still do this but on my own time and rate!!! I can still do those things but on a different level of efficiency and rate!

As i grow more mature, another name for aging,  I have noticed  changes in my body , its capacity for certain activities and endurance.....it takes me longer to climb steep places or I can easily get tired.But these changes I have expected and have seen  manifested by older friends and families. No surprise there. But what surprised me are the changes in my behavior, in my taste from food, to colors, my taste in friends and what I consider nice , cute, pa cute or over the top. :) I have always been impatient as I have said over and over that patience is not one of my better virtues! But lately , i seem to be more tolerant of certain behaviors and  more impatient with others.

These days, i think I have the luxury of choosing who to be with and  not choosing to go to certain places and with certain people. I can say no firmly and nicely .  I am finding myself more understanding of appearances, but I can't still stand people who says they are benevolent and yet their actions belie who they really are and yet they think of themselves as benevolent, kind .  I still can't stand people who are so righteous they can not see their own follies but now I can walk away without arguments! I find it a waste of my time now and to me it seems that is patience ha ha ha.....

I am finding I can bite my tongue when I feel I want to give someone a piece of my mind unless I am at the end of my rope , I can walk away and choose not to be  right , not to argue and just listen and observe. Of course sometimes I can not help myself but those times are getting fewer and fewer and far in between...

But I am also finding myself to be a little less tolerant  to loud banging music. Before I can appreciate those loud music not necessarily liking them but nowadays I can not stand it.....I will walk out of a restaurant if I do not like the music...And lately I have been more drawn  to the music of my era, no surprise there again  but I find myself singing out loud  (or maybe I have always sung out loud even when I was young, I remember some of  my office mates in RSPD, GSIS thought I was nuts because I usually sung out loud with the music playing on radio o PA, they exchange weird looks ha ha ha) .

These days I am finding myself spending more time with myself , shopping alone though I used to go to the movie house alone, now I am finding more time for myself and choosing not to spend these times with anybody? I can choose not to go to events, oblivious of the fact that people may say about me or not caring what they will say..I do not over extend myself to please anybody. i just do not know if this is good or bad, ha ha ha!! But age has given me somethings that youth has not and yet age has also robbed me of certain things that youth has once given me ..what a way of putting aging! Ha ha ha......

But I have very few regrets in my life , if  ever there are and they are not major things, probably things that I can still do or undo in the coming years. My life has relatively been good, often great, and the years have been generous to me and I know the coming years will give me more of the things, feelings , love, joy , that I will come to cherish and relish!!

The new year is fast approaching and I know that everything will be all right..... all our dreams will come true ........In HIS time....

No comments:

Post a Comment